Friday, July 06, 2012

Film: Terminator Salvation (2009)

Blu-Ray


Review: This is the first Terminator film that takes place after Skynet takes over the world. I enjoyed the reverse concept of an executed criminal, experimented on by Cyberdyne Systems, waking up after Judgement Day and having to survive in the apocalyptic landscape. Taking place just before the T-800 Terminator is developed, the film cleverly explains away the absence of Schwarzenegger who only has to appear in a short CGI cameo at the end.

Quotes:
"That was a Hunter-Killer. Thanks to you, they know we're here."
"What's your name, kid?"
"Kyle Reese."

"Where is everybody?"
"They're gone."
"So why are you still here?"
"Because we're the Resistance, L.A. Branch. Welcome to the headquarters."
"Resisting what?"
"Machines. Skynet."
"Just the two of you?"
"Yeah."

"That thing, where'd it go?"
The transport? Skynet. Where the hell are you going?"
"After it."
"I hate to break it to you, but if you've got friends on that thing, they're as good as dead. And same for you, if you keep walking that direction."
"Yeah, I've been dead awhile and I'm getting used to it."

"Let me down."
"If I let you down, you'll kill everyone in this room."
"Just you, Connor. Because I don't give a shit about you. I didn't even know your name until two days ago."
"No. You and me... we've been at war since before either of us even existed. You tried killing my mother, Sarah Connor. You killed my father, Kyle Reese. You will not kill me."
"Kyle Reese is on a transporter heading for Skynet. If I wanted to kill him, I would have done it in L.A."

"That thing in there... I thought I knew our enemy. But that thing, that makes me feel like I know nothing. I looked into it's eye, and it believes, absolutely believes that it is human. It believes everything that it says."

"I can get you in."
"How?"
"Look at me."
"That's why I don't trust you."
"I'm the only hope you have. I need to find out who did this to me. So do you. Make your choice."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: