Saturday, July 07, 2012

Film: The Night We Never Met (1993)

DVD: Anamorphic


Review: Not as good as I remembered it, but still entertaining. This film is about an engaged Wall Street trader who decides to hold onto his bachelor pad as a place to party with his friends a couple nights a week and rent the place out for the remaining nights. The other two tenants are Annabella Sciorra, a married painter, and Matthew Broderick, an aspiring cook, who rent it on alternate nights as a place to escape their regular lives. The plot follows the three separate stories of the roommates who never meet until they cross paths at the end.

Quotes:
"Sam, Mr. McVeigh would like to offer you this place, two days a week, $92 dollars a month."
"Sold!"
"You mean you don't mind that it's just two days a week?"
"Oh, no. Actually, it's all I can afford right now. I am already renting a place... with roommates. Lots and lots of roommates."
"Oh, well then I'm sure you will enjoy some privacy two nights a week."

"Can you like hold me or something?"
"I thought we were done... You know, uh, you're really a great fuck."
"I can't believe you just said that."
"But it's true."

"It wasn't my idea. Her folks got us season tickets, every Wednesday."
"Aren't you here Wednesdays?"
"No. That's why I had to switch my nights with, uh..."
"Sam?"
"Yeah."
"Oh... Oh... Oh my God!"
"What?"
"Oh my God?"
"What?"
"I slept with the wrong guy. Oh my God. The one time in my life I cheat and I screw it up and sleep with the wrong guy. How could you?!! How could you sleep with me?!"
"You slept with me."
"Yeah, that's because I though you were someone else!"
"Boy, what a way to make a guy feel wanted."

"Oh Inga! Inga, you waited."
"You are welcome to me."
"Thank you God!"

3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: