Monday, March 15, 2010

TV: Dexter - 1st Season (2006)

DVD: 4 Discs - Enhanced 16x9
Dexter: The First Season

"My name is Dexter. Dexter Morgan. I don't know what made me the way I am, but what ever it was left a hollow place inside. People fake a lot of human interactions, but I feel like I fake them all, and I fake them very well... But that's my burden, I guess. I don't blame my foster parents for that. Harry and Dorris Morgan did a wonderful job raising me. But they're both dead now. I didn't kill them... Honest."

Review: Amazing show! I went out right away and bought the DVD after watching it for the first time. Dexter is a serial killer who only hunts other murderers. He works as a forensic scientist for the Miami police department and the first season deals with the hunt for the Ice Truck Killer who likes to play games with Dexter. After every episode, I couldn't wait to see the next one.

"Harry was a great cop here in Miami. He taught me how to think like one; he taught me how to cover my tracks. I'm a very neat monster."

"No blood. No sticky, hot, messy, awful blood. No blood at all. Why hadn't I thought of that? No blood. What a beautiful idea."

"The only real question I have is why in a building full of cops, all supposedly with a keen insight into the human soul, is Doakes the only one who gets the creeps from me?"

"I suppose I should be upset, even violated, but I'm not. No, in fact, I think this is a friendly message. Kind of like, Heh, want to play. And yes, I want to play. I really, really do."

"Jorge Castillo. Number three on the department's list of suspects, but the only one even remotely close to the park where Molino was supposed to drop the money. They never got enough evidence for a search warrant, but I don't need permission to keep an eye on this guy. No neighbors, no foot traffic. It's promising. A good place for human trafficking... or worse."

"The worst thing about finally putting together a puzzle is finding there are missing pieces. He came back and left nothing behind but a message. Come find me... and I will."

"You're shaking. What the hell happened up there?"
"Um, I'm okay. I just need a little air."
"Well, something finally got to you. I guess you're human after all."
"Cut him some slack, all right."
"I hate to disappoint you, but I think it's just low blood sugar."
"Tell us what you saw, Dex. How many dead?"
"A lot. But no bodies, just blood. Maybe fifty, sixty liters."

"You have better have a hell of a reason for being here."
"I'm looking for my sister."
"In a cargo box?"
"Yeah, I'm kinda working on a theory."
"Did you forget you work for the cops? We love theories. C'mon, spin me a story, asshole."
"What I do on my time is my business, Sergeant."
"Yeah, me too and I'm on my time now. There is no lieutenant here to save you're ass. So don't fuck with me, Morgan."
"Okay, you got me. I ordered some furniture from Thailand and I was waiting for it to be delivered."

"Okay, Deb, don't be dead."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: