Sunday, March 21, 2010

Film: Observe and Report (2009)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Observe and Report

"You! I know what you did. You set me up. You left me out there. That's all there is to it. Admit it."
"Yeah. I set you up. What are you gonna do about it, huh, Ronald? What are you gonna do?"
"I'm gonna thank you."
"What are you talking about?"
"I knew you wanted to see if I had the chops to become a police officer and I did it, man. I did it and there are six dead crackheads that can confirm that. Thank you, Detective Harrison. From the bottom of my heart, thank you for believing in me. Get used to seeing Ronnie Barnhardt around here."

Review: This is a hilarious dark comedy that consistently twists the expected outcome in every scene. Seth Rogan is excellent as a mall cop who is arrogant and delusional but has strong principles. A store robbery and a serial pervert flashing women in the parking lot gives him the opportunity to prove himself in the eyes of the police and the hot girl at the cosmetics counter. But both think he is an annoying idiot.

"Oh, Brandi! Brandi! Oh, God, Brandi! Brandi... Brandi?"
"Why are you stopping, motherfucker?"
"Oh, sorry. Oh, God, I'm sorry."

"Let's go. We'll talk about it, but you gotta get out."
"You can go outside. This is my world."
"We don't want to hurt you, Ronnie. You wanna get hurt?"
"You didn't bring enough pigs to stop me."

"I just want you to know, I'm ready to make a change."
"You gonna stop drinking?"
"I'm switching to beer. I can pound those all day and still keep my shit together. And I'm doing it for you."
"I'm so proud of you, Mom."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: