Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Film: Transformers (2007)

DVD: Enhanced 16:9
Transformers

"Wow! This is the coolest thing I've ever seen! Explosions everywhere! This is easily a hundred times cooler than Armageddon... I swear to god!"

Review: A surprising film from Michael Bay. The amazing action & special effects are expected from him, but the effective use of story and humor was a big step up for him. Shia LaBeouf was great as the lynch pin character that held the sprawling movie together. The first time I watched it, I really appreciated the moments of slow motion during the robot fights, but on repeated viewings I got better at deciphering the faster chaotic clashes.

"What is it?"
"It's a robot. You know, like a super advanced robot. It's probably Japanese. Yeah, it's definitely Japanese."
"What are you doing?"
"I don't think it wants to hurt us. He would've done that already."
"Really? Well, do you speak robot? Because they just had, like, a giant droid death match!"

"What'd they get you for?"
"I bought a car. Turned out to be an alien robot... Who knew?"

"Decepticons, attack!"

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: