Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Film: Match Point (2005)

DVD: Enhanced 16:9
Match Point

"So, who's my next victim? You?"
"I haven't played table tennis in quite a while."
"Would you like to play for a thousand pounds a game?"
"What did I walk into?"

Review: This is an excellent thriller of a former professional tennis player who expertly climbs the social ladder in London by befriending a rich family and marrying their daughter. His carefully laid plans are disrupted when he falls for the beautiful girlfriend of his friend and finds himself juggling the fallout.

"You should see my sister, she's... she's very beautiful, but she's lost in drugs and..."
"I'm sure she's not more beautiful than you are."
"Well... What I am is sexy. But Linda's, my sister, um, is classically beautiful."
"So, you are aware of your effect on men?"

"The innocent are sometimes slain to make way for grander schemes. You were collateral damage."
"So was your own child."
"Yes... Sophocles said that to have never been born might have been the greatest boon of all."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: