Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Film: Mallrats (1995)

DVD: Anamorphic
Mallrats (Collector's Edition)

"I love the smell of commerce in the morning."

Review: I was one of the few people who saw this in the theater when it bombed back in 1995. I always thought Brodie is Jason Lee's best role. He wasn't a good actor yet, but he had the natural instincts and knew how to deliver Kevin Smith's dialogue in a very funny way. Jeremy London was miscast as his friend though, all the dialogue seemed fake coming out of his mouth. Jay is always funny.

"I never farted in front of Renee. Last week, I let one slip and today she dumps me."
"Renee's not the shallow type. You're not insinuating..."
"She was going down on me at the time."

"Phase One. First, you take a run at La Fours with a sock full of quarters. I'd do it, but I pulled my back out humping your mom last night. Nooge. Okay, you clock him on his headpiece and knock his ass out cold. That's when Phase Two kicks in. I attack the structure, Wolvie-Berzerk style, and knock out the fuckin' pin and bickety-bam -- the motherfucker's rubble. Hence, no game show."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: