Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Film: The Hot Spot (1990)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
The Hot Spot

"So whatcha gonna do in our town?"
"What ever there is to do."
"Well, there's only two things to do around here. You got a TV?"
"Nope."
"Well now you're down to one. Lotsa luck!"

Review: I really enjoyed this film directed by Dennis Hopper. I think this is Don Johnson's best movie role as the stranger passing through a small Texas town in the summer, who decides to stay after spotting a beautiful girl walking her dog. Things get complicated when the wife of his new boss takes an interest in him and he is tempted by the bad security of the town bank.

"Mr. Harshaw's gone for the weekend, hunting. Said he needed the rest."
"Yeah, and I got a notion from what. I met her yesterday."
"Yeah, Mr. Harshaw met her in a real small town. Hunting trip, in fact, I think it was. He always said that she just sort of happened."
"Mm-hmm. Well, the smart thing would've been to get the hell out of there and let her happen to someone else."

"Gloria Harper. You've been on her back now for over a year."
"O Lord O Mine. Well, that little gal has you all stoked up, doesn't she? Let's see, you drove yourself all the way out here just to tell me to get off, huh. Is that right?"
"I'm gonna do better than that. I'm gonna help you off."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: