Thursday, January 24, 2008

TV: 3rd Rock from the Sun - 5th Season

DVD: 4 Discs

Review: This is the last strong season with maybe a little too much William Shatner in 4 episodes. I enjoyed Tommy's relationship with Alissa all season. "Dial M for Dick", "Dick Puts the Id in Cupid" & "Dick and Harry Fall Down a Hole" are stand-out episodes.

Quotes:
"Hey, I read this crazy statistic in the paper this morning. Did you know that 70% of people our age are sexually active?"
"And 40% have inhaled solvents."
"Right, so ah, which crowd do you want to hang with?"
"Are you suggesting that we have sex?"
"Well... or inhale solvents. Really, it's up to you. I'm just trying to be a gentleman."

"Swap partners and smooch? Hey, Hey, Hey, wait a minute! Dick, why don't you go play this with Dr. Albright."
"Fine, but that's the last time I bring home a sexually explicit board game for this family."
"I hate that game."
"Wanna play Strip Parcheesi?"
"YOU'RE ON!"

"I'm not going to change this face. This face is a scrapbook dedicated to who I am, DAMN IT! MY GOD, I'M GORGEOUS!"
"No, you're not."
"SCREW YOU!"

"The first time I saw Mary undress I remember thinking, God I hope this skylight holds."

"I want to be a good human being."
"What's stopping you?"
"I don't know. You?"
"No."
"Me?"
"Good!"

"Sometimes, don't you just have to be naked?"
"I've got a girlfriend."
"I've got a boyfriend."
"We're going to have sex on Valentine's Day."
"No, we're going to have sex right now."
"I'm... I'm a virgin."
"I could educate you."
"I could use an education."
"Let's go."
"Okay! Alissa is going to be so happy about this."

"That's so sad. Have you ever thought about selling your story to Lifetime? You could call it, 'Fat, Fat Little Girl: The Mary Albright Story'."

"Alissa, I need to see you naked."
"I know, you wrote it in my yearbook."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: