Thursday, January 24, 2008

TV: I Dream of Jeannie - 2nd Season (1966-1967)

DVD: 4 Discs


Review: This is an excellent sitcom from the sixties. Barbara Eden as Jeannie was beautiful and funny and Larry Hagman was great portraying the exasperated master. I love Dr. Bellows befuddled attempts to solve all the mysterious going ons. The humor is mostly timeless and the fashions, while outdated, have allot of charm.

Quotes:
"Jeannie! JEANNIE!"

"Some men dedicate their lives to science. Some men dedicate their lives to politics. I'm dedicating my life to understanding you."

"The government doesn't wait in line, Doctor. I'm going to get the answer to some questions."
"Well, I don't know if I can answer them. Our files are confidential."
"I'm with the government. Remember, Doctor?"
"Now that's a coincidence. So am I. And I'm wearing a uniform to prove it."
"How would you like to have your income tax audited for the last five years?"
"How would you like to be drafted?"

"Do you love her?"
"Yes, I'm crazy about her."
"Have you told her that?"
"Well, I think she knows."
"Then you haven't told her."
"No, not exactly."
"Son, when you're after an objective, the first rule in love or war is an all-out frontal attack. If you really want her, go get her."

"Take him, executioner."
"You're making a big mistake, fella. I'm on detach duty to NASA."
"Monsieur, do you have any last words?"
"Just one. JEANNIE!!!!!!"

"You didn't have to go that far."
"That is what I am here for, to please you."
"Oh, you please me. Very much."
"Oh, I am glad."

"My master is such a sweet, darling, LIAR!"

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: