Thursday, January 24, 2008

TV: I Dream of Jeannie - 3rd Season (1967-1968)

DVD: 4 Discs


Review: This season is a mix of great episodes and some weak ones. The more I watch this show, the more I realize how much Dr. Bellows is the secret ingredient to the most humorous moments.

Quotes:
"What are you doing? I told you never to come to NASA. Never!"
"Oh, but it is important, Master. You said I could come if it was an emergency."
"What happened? What's the matter? What happened?"
"I got lonely."

"Welcome home, Master!"
"Jeannie, what are you doing?!"
"If you don't know, I must be doing it wrong."

"How long have we been married?"
"Married? Who said anything about being married?"
"We're not married and I live with you?"
"What's the matter with that?"
"What's the matter with that?! What kind of girl do you think I am?!"
"C'mon Jeannie, we know what type of girl you are. Now stop fooling around."
"That is exactly what I intend to do. Get Out!"

"I almost forgot. I brought you some flowers for your trip, Mrs. Nelson."
"Oh, how thoughtful."
"I hope they match your dress. I always..."
"How wonderful... oh, onions."
"Onions?"
"Scalions... How thoughtful."
"But I saw them put carnations in the box. I smelled the carnations."
"Did you?"
"Yes. Uh, excuse me. There's something about this house. I must be going... It's HAPPENING AGAIN!!!"

"Maybe she's just tired of you and wants a new master."
"What, what do you mean?"
"Well, you're not so easy to live with, you know."
"Who says so?"
"Well, all she wants to do is please you and what do you do?"
"What?"
"I mean, you yell at her, you never take her out to dinner, you're always leaving her at home. You take her for granted. You want to know something? You're a rotten master!"

"Very well then. If that is what he wants, THAT is what he is going to get. It is war!"

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: