Sunday, January 20, 2008

Film: Office Space (1999)

DVD: Anamorphic
Office Space - Special Edition with Flair (Widescreen Edition)

"Hello, Peter. What's happening? Um... I'm gonna need you to go ahead and come in tomorrow. So if you could be here around 9:00, that would be great. Mm-kay? Oh, oh, and I almost forgot. Uh, I'm also going need you to go ahead and come in on Sunday too, 'kay?"

Review: This is a office comedy by Mike Judge that gets big laughs from all the most boring, mind-numbing aspects of work life. The annoying boss, the depressed employees, the malfunctioning equipment, etc. One employees decides he can't take it any longer after a hypnotist session goes wrong, causing him to rebel against the system when he loses all ambition and sense of responsibility. Milton is a great side character that steals every scene he is in.

"Well, I told Bill that if Sandra's going to listen to her headphones while she's filing, then I should be able to listen to the radio while I'm collating. So, I don't see why I should have to turn down the radio. Because I enjoy listening at a reasonable volume from 9:00 to 11:00."

"Excuse me. Excuse me, Senor. May I speak to you, please? I asked for a Mai Tai, and they brought me a Pina Colada. And I said no salt... No salt for the Margarita, but it had salt on it."
"Pinche gringo."
"If this happens again, I won't be leaving a tip. 'Cause I could, I could shut this whole resort down."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: