Sunday, March 03, 2013

TV: Police Squad! - The Complete Series (1982)

DVD: 1 Disc


Review: The hilarious slapstick TV show that the Naked Gun movies were based, but it was cancelled after 6 episodes.

Quotes:
"Cigarette?"
"Yes, I know."

"My name is Sergeant Frank Drebin, Detective Lieutenant, Police Squad, a special division of the police force. I've just come from the stock yards. We've gotten reports of hundreds of cows had been senselessly slaughtered in the area, but I couldn't find any evidence. I stopped off for a hamburger and checked in with headquarters. There had been an apparent suicide. I went right to the scene. My boss was already there."

"Oh, poor Ralph. Do you know what it's like to be married to a wonderful man for fourteen years?"
"No, I can't say that I do. I... did... live with a guy once, but that was just for a couple of years. Usual slurs, rumors, innuendos. They didn't understand. Ran him out of town like a common pygmy. Sure... he was a physical education major, but he had a mind... He could think. He wasn't all muscle, all body, all sinewy limbs. He got married, you know, later had three kids. Never cared for her. Sent a nice gift, never got a note. I told him she was wrong. And that younger boy, just like his father. Football hero. Lived with him for a year. It wasn't the same. Can't go back."

"So Billy, the moisture in the air comes in contact with the cold pitcher and it forms water droplets, what we call condensation. Just like on your mother when she comes out of the shower, glistening with tiny little beads of... oh, hi Frank. That will be all for today, Billy. Next week we'll look into some interesting experiments with discard swimwear."
"Jeez, thanks, Mr. Olsen. Bye."

"Hey! What's the idea running my customer off?"
"We just want to have a little chat with you. You the new owner of this shop?"
"That's right. What can I do for you?"
"Nice place."
"Thank you."
"You know this is a rough neighborhood. Betcha you'd hate to see something happen to your little key store."
"What about my little keister?"
"Key store... You give us fifty bucks a week and we make sure your little place stays safe."
"I'm not interested."
"We hate to MAKE you interested."
"Get out of my shop! You get nothing from me."

"Answer the telephone. Pick it up."
"Hello."
"Hey Baby? Did you take care of that locksmith?
"You say what I tell you... Everything is taken care of."
"Everything is taken care of."
"That's my girl!"
"I'd sure like to see you."
"I'd sure like to see you."
"Sure thing, Baby. Do you still love me?"
"Of course I love you."
"Of course I love you."
"You don't sound like you mean it, lamikins."
"Of course I mean it, lamikins."
"Of course I mean it, lamikins."
"You really mean it, binki poo?"
"More than anything, schnooky lumps."
"More than anything, schnooky lumps."
"Schnooky lumps. Ooh, I like that. You never called me that before. What happened last night to bring this on?"
"When you held me in your manly arms and crushed me to your lips, I discovered what it meant to be a real women. When I think of your handsome face, your cruel lips, your strong chin, the way you touch, the way you smother me with..."
"Honey, I got to go. Meet me at my office tomorrow at three."
"All right, Darling."
"All right, Darling... What are you going to do now?"
"You and I are going down to headquarters."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: