Monday, November 09, 2009

Film: Alien³ (1992)

DVD: Anamorphic
Alien 3 (Collector's Edition)

"I just wanted to, um, say thanks for what you said at the funeral. My friends would have appreciated it."
"Yeah, well you don't wanna know me, lady. I'm a murderer and rapist of women."
"Really? Well, I guess I must make you nervous."

Review: This was a satisfying conclusion to the Alien trilogy. It was not as frightening as the earlier films but the dark atmosphere of the mining planet prison made up for it. Charles S. Dutton was great as the prisoner who found religion and I liked the fatalistic mood of Ripley and the other prisoners at the end.

"This is a maximum security prison, and you have no weapons of any kind?"
"We're on the honor system."
"Then we're fucked."

"When they first heard about this thing, it was 'Crew Expendable'. The next time they sent in Marines. They were expendable too. What makes you think they're gonna care about a bunch of lifers who found God at the ass-end of space?"

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: