Sunday, May 17, 2009

Film: The Simpsons Movie (2007)

DVD: Anamorphic
The Simpsons Movie (Widescreen Edition)

"I can't believe we're paying to see something we get on TV for free! If you ask me, everybody in this theater is a giant sucker! Especially you!"

Review: I was not that excited to see this movie at first. While I loved the first nine seasons of the Simpsons, I had slowly lost interest in the show as the quality declined in later years. All that changed when I saw a preview of the movie highlighting Spider-Pig and I found myself crying with laughter. The movie turned out to be very funny and made excellent use of the widescreen format. I think bringing back allot of the earlier writers of the Simpsons helped make the movie a success.

"How did the pig tracks get on the ceiling?"
"Spider-Pig, Spider-Pig. / Does whatever a Spider-Pig does. / Can he swing? / From a web? / No, he can't. / He's a pig. / Look out! / He is the Spider-Pig!"

"Mr. President, you chose me, Russ Cargill, most successful man in America, to head the EPA, the least successful organization. That's why I've narrowed your choices down to five unthinkable options. Each one will cause untold misery and..."
"I pick Number Three!"
"Really? You don't want to read them first?"
"I was elected to LEAD, not to READ. Number Three!"

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: