Sunday, May 17, 2009

Film: An American Tail (1986)

DVD: Full Screen - OAR
An American Tail

"In America, there are mouse holes in every wall."
"Who says?"
"Everyone. In America, there are bread crumbs on every floor."
"You're talking nonsense!"
"In America, you can say anything you want, but most important - and this I know for a fact - in America, there are no cats."

Review: This animated film still has the power to bring a tear to my eye when Fievel is reunited with his family. I think this is Don Bluth's closest attempt in matching the classic Disney films. It is full of catchy songs that stick in the head and the voice work of Fievel and his sister is too cute. Their duet is very moving.

"I'm your guard, Tiger. Don't make any sudden moves, 'cause I'm crafty and I'm quick. I've got the instincts of a cat. What am I saying? I am a cat."

"Oh, my little boy, back from the dead. America, what a place. My Fievel. I thought I would never see you again."
"Never say never, Papa."

4 out of 5 stars

No comments: