Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Film: Three Fugitives (1989)

DVD: Enhanced 16:9
Three Fugitives

"Tell him."
"Tell him what?"
"That I'm the hostage, you shit!"
"Of course you're the hostage. What do you think?"
"No, don't tell me, asshole! Tell them!"
"Excuse me. I think I'm going to faint."

Review: This is a funny movie with many touching moments. Nick Nolte is great as the gruff ex-con who finds himself being taken hostage during a bank robbery by an inept Martin Short the very day he is released from prison. The problem is no one believes that he is the victim, not the perpetrator. The young daughter of Martin Short's character is very effective as the catalyst for the film's plot.

"Have a seat, Doctor. Now tell Detective Dugan everything that you've told me."
"The patient was shot in a hunting accident."
"What?"
"In the right hind leg. From the angle of entry, it would appear that his leg was raised, and he must have been peeing at the moment of impact."
"Thank you, Doctor."
"Wait, I have more. The patient wore no collar and became enraged when given a rubber bone. He nevertheless..."
"Thank you very, very, very much."
"Wait, I have something else. He tested negative for rabies."
"Thank you."

"So... Hehe! I think we can conclude that our Mr. Lucas spent the day getting shot, being treated like a dog, having to baby-sit, and wishing he could've spent one more day in prison... [Phone Rings] It's Lucas."
"Hey, Rover. Ha, Ha, Ha, Ha! How are you pal? Come on in."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: