Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Film: Surf's Up (2007)

DVD: Anamorphic
Surf's Up (Widescreen Special Edition)

"Cody's around here somewhere, I can feel it in my nuggets!"

Review: I think this is the best non-documentary surf movie I have ever seen. Normally you get actors who can't surf or surfers who can't act messing it up. The animators were able to accurately recreate the sensation of surfing and added lots of humor to a simple but effective story. The CGI waves look amazing.

"Looks like he stepped on a fire urchin."
"Stepped on me, stepped on me? Are you kidding?!! This guy was dancing on me! I mean just look at this, broken, broken, gone, gone, broken, broken, broken..."

"A winner is someone who doesn't knock me off my surfboard, and break it when I'm trying to get some big waves. Especially Tank, he's definitely not a winner.
"He's a dirty trash can full of poop."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: