Monday, January 28, 2008

Film: Moonraker (1979)

DVD: Anamorphic
Moonraker

"Why are you so late, James?"
"I fell out of an airplane without a parachute. Who's in there?"
"Q and the Minister of Defense."
"You don't believe me, do you?"
"No."

Review: This was the very first James Bond film that I ever saw so it holds a special place as the standard to which all other Bond films I see are judged, for better or worse. Bond travels around the world trying to discover the reason behind the disappearance of a space shuttle. He searches through Venice and Brazil before launching into space to destroy a mad man's desire to eliminate life on Earth. Jaws returns.

"You know him?"
"Not socially. His name's Jaws, he kills people."

"At least I shall have the pleasure of putting you out of my misery."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: