Friday, January 21, 2011

Film: Nowhere to Run (1993)

DVD: Fullscreen - 1:33
Nowhere to Run

"I'm not too optimistic about our young friend's success. Some of these landowners can be hard nuts to crack."
"Then we use a hammer."

Review: This one reminds me of Road House, another well-made B movie. I think it is Jean-Claude Van Damme's best film outside of "Bloodsport" & "Kickboxer". He's supported with a good script and high production values. It's got two good villians in the actors who played the cross-dressing serial killer in "Silence of the Lambs" and the nasty South African diplomat in "Lethal Weapon 2".

"Get out of the truck."
"You're scaring my children!!"
"Get out of the truck!!"
"Leave them alone."
"Who the hell are you?"
"I'm the parking attendant and you're bothering my customers."

"Astonishing, isn't it? One little woman in the middle of a wheat field. And what is she doing? She's fucking us up."

"Don't get caught, you understand?"
"I thought the local law was taken care of."
"Yeah, he's been paid, but I'm not sure he's bought."

"Au revoir, fucker."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: