Thursday, November 06, 2008

Film: Friday (1995)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
Friday (New Line Platinum Series)

"I know you don't smoke weed, I know this, but I'm gonna get you high today. 'Cause it's Friday. You ain't got no job... and you ain't got shit to do."

Review: This is the flip-side film to the Boyz' N the Hood. A comic portrayal of life in South Central LA. Ice Cube is good as the straight man to the hilarious Chris Tucker, who plays his drug dealer friend. John Witherspoon plays his father and steals every scene he is in.

"I ain't trying to be no dog catcher."
"Why not?"
"I don't even like dogs."
"That's the beauty of it. I grab a dog. I choke him and I kick the shit out of him. All day long, my foot up a dog's ass. Just bang, bang, bang up his ass. That's my pleasure."

"I got mind control over Deebo. He be like, 'Shut the Fuck Up'. I be quiet. But when he leave, I be talkin' again."

"Damn, you got knocked... the FUCK out!"

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: