Sunday, November 09, 2008

Film: Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (2005)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
The Chronicles of Narnia - The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe (Widescreen Edition)

"If you don't mind my asking... what are you?"
"Well, I'm a... Well, I'm a faun. And what about you? You must be some kind of beardless dwarf?"
"I'm not a dwarf! I'm a girl. And actually, I'm tallest in my class."
"You mean to say that you're a daughter of Eve?"

Review: I am always happy but worried when they make a movie of one of my favorite books I read as a child. This is an excellent adaption with amazing production values and special effects. It is stays truthful to the book by only adding a few subplots but never changing or removing anything from the book. Watching it really takes me back and feel the same emotions I felt then.

"I can make anything you like."
"Can you make me taller?"
"Anything you'd like... to eat."
"Turkish Delight?"

"What were you all doing in the wardrobe?"
"You wouldn't believe us if we told you, sir."
"Try me."

5 out of 5

No comments: