Sunday, August 05, 2012

Film: Three Amigos (1986)

Blu-Ray


Review: A classic funny film with lines that are quotable forever.

Quotes:
"We don't have beer. Just tequila."
"What's tequila?"
"Uh, it's like beer."

"Wherever there is injustice, you will find us. Wherever there is suffering, we'll be there! Tell us we will die like dogs."
"What?"
"Tell us we will die like dogs."
"You WILL die like dogs."
"No! We will not die like dogs! We will fight like lions! Because we are... The Three Amigos!"

"I like these guys! They are funny guys! Just kill one of them."

"Wait a second. Let me see that! Come on, come on, come on. Oh great! Real Bullets! I'll keep this. You're in a lot of trouble mister!"

"It's real."
"What?"
"Uh, this is real."
"You mean..."
"Yes, they're going to kill us."

"Jefe, you do not understand women. You cannot force open the petals of a flower. When the flower is ready, it opens itself up to you."
"So when do you think Carmen will 'open up her flower' to you?"
"Tonight, or I will kill her!"

"Carmen, tonight you are to be El Guapo's woman. I am going to give you some hints about lovemaking with El Guapo."
"I would rather die first!"
"Tell me, Carmen, do you know what foreplay is?"
"No..."
"Good! Neither does El Guapo."

"I have put many beautiful pinatas in the storeroom, each of them filled with little suprises."
"Many pinatas?"
"Oh yes, many!"
"Would you say I have a plethora of pinatas?"
"A what?"
"A plethora.
"Oh yes, you have a plethora."
"Jefe, what is a plethora?"
"Why, El Guapo?"
"Well, you told me I have a plethora. And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has NO IDEA what it means to have a plethora."
"Forgive me, El Guapo. I know that I, Jefe, do not have your superior intellect and education. But could it be that once again, you are angry at something else, and are looking to take it out on me?"

"Carlos! We fought together the priests of this mission."
"YEAH!!!"
"Pedro, we CRUSHED the Federales on the plains of Oaxaca!"
"YEAH!!!"
"And you..."
"Jose!"
"JOSE!!!!"
"Together, we..."
"Burned the village!"
"Burned the village! And, uh..."
"Raped the horses!"
"YEAH!!!"
"And we..."
"Rode off on the women!"
"Rode off on the women!"
"Yeah!!!"
"And uh..."
"We plundered!"
"YEAH!!!"
"Plundered! And uh..."
"Pruned!"
"...pruned the, uh..."
"The hedges."
"...hedges..."
"of many small villages!"
"Of many small villages... WHO THE HELL ARE YOU!!!"

"In a way, all of us has an 'El Guapo' to face someday. For some, shyness might be their 'El Guapo'. For others, a lack of education might be their 'El Guapo'. For us, 'El Guapo' is a big, dangerous guy who wants to kill us. But as sure as my name is Lucky Day, the people of Santo Poco can conquer their own personal El Guapo who also happens to be the actual El Guapo."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: