Monday, March 26, 2007

Film: Moulin Rouge! (2001)

DVD: Anamorphic
Moulin Rouge! (Widescreen Edition)

"A magnificent, opulent, tremendous, stupendous, gargantuan, bedazzlement, a sensual ravishment. It will be: Spectacular Spectacular!"

Review: I thought I would hate this movie when I saw the trailer for it. I even got too tired watching it at a friend's house and left in the middle. But I then couldn't get it out of my mind and I had to see the rest. The movie grows on you and I love how they incorporated modern music in a turn-of-the-century based musical. I hated "Chicago" and I think it only got an Oscar due to "Moulin Rouge" being overlooked the year before.

"She said you make her feel 'like a virgin.'"
"Virgin?"
"You know, touched for the very first time."

4 out of 4 Stars

No comments: