Monday, March 26, 2007

Film: The Naked Gun 2 1/2 (1991)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9
The Naked Gun 2 1/2 - The Smell of Fear

"I love being single! I haven't had this much sex since I was a Boy Scout leader!"

Review: This is a funny movie but it is a bit of a drop off from the first one. The ratio of funny jokes to the misses is much larger and you can almost sense the writers struggling to find jokes to match the gags in the first movie.

"Why should I tell you, copper?"
"Because I'm the last line of defense between sleaze like this and the decent people of this town."
"Oh, hi, Frank. Say, we got that model D83 Swedish sure-grip suck machine that you ordered."

"Good evening commissioner. You look lovely tonight."
"Shut Up! Do you realize that because of you this city is being overrun by baboons?"
"Well, isn't that the fault of the voters?"

2 1/2 out of 4 Stars

No comments: