Saturday, October 20, 2012

Film: Drive (2011)

Blu-Ray


Review: I have never understood the fuss about Ryan Gosling. But after watching this, I think I have a man-crush on him. This is a superb film about a stunt man/mechanic who moonlights as the best getaway driver in LA. Loved the cinematography and soundtrack. I want that jacket!

Quotes:
"What do you do?"
"I drive."
"Like a limo driver"?
"No, like, for movies."
"Oh. You mean all the car chases and stuff?"
"Yeah."
"Isn't that dangerous?"
"It's only part-time. Mostly I work at a garage."

"Kid, I want you to meet Mr. Bernie Rose!"
"Nice to meet you."
"My hands are a little dirty."
"So are mine."

"You're Shannon's buddy right? We met last year. You drove me and my brother back from Palm Springs. We hired another wheelman. I spent six months in jail. My brother, he got himself killed. I got this sweet job coming up."
"How 'bout this. You shut your mouth. Or I'll kick your teeth down your throat and I'll shut it for you."

"If I drive for you, you get your money. You tell me where we start, where we're going, where we're going afterwards. I give you five minutes when we get there. Anything happens in that five minutes and I'm yours. No matter what. Anything a minute on either side of that and you're on your own. I don't sit in while you're running it down. I don't carry a gun. I drive."
"You look like you're hard to work with."

"Here's what I'm prepared to offer. You give me the money, the girl is safe. Forever. Nobody knows about her. She's off the map. I can't offer you the same. So, this is what I would suggest. We conclude our deal. We'll shake hands. You start the rest of your life. Any dreams you have, or plans, or hopes for your future... I think you're going to have to put that on hold. For the rest of your life you're going to be looking over your shoulder. I'm just telling you this because I want you to know the truth. But the girl is safe."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: