Sunday, September 08, 2013

Film: The Fast and the Furious (2001)

Blu-Ray


Review: A fun, glossy film about a LA cop going undercover within the illegal street racing community to discover who has been hijacking trucks out on the highways. Combined with well-shot drag racing and car stunts, it has a simple but effective script that maintains an entertaining cat-and-mouse relationship between Paul Walker and Vin Diesel's characters.

Quotes:
"It's not how you stand by your car, it's how you race your car."

"I don't have any cash, but I do have the pink slip to my car."
"Wait, you just can't climb in the ring with Ali 'cause you think you box!"
"He knows I can box! So check it out, it's like this: If I lose, winner takes my car, clean and clear. But if I win, I take the cash, and I take the respect."
"Respect?"
"To some people, that's more important."

"I thought if I got in your good graces you might let me keep my car."
"You are in my good graces, but you ain't keepin' your car."

"He's got no call bein' up there, you don't know that fool for shit!"
"Vince there was a time when I didn't know you."
"That was in the third grade!"

"You know, I was thinking we should go out sometime."
"Oh, that's sweet, but I usually don't date my brother's friends."
"Well, that sucks. I guess I'll have to kick his ass then."
"I'd love to see that. Actually, I'd pay to see that."

"Letty grew up just down the street. She was into cars since she was like ten years old. Dom always had her attention. Then she turned sixteen..."
"And she had Dom's attention."
"Yeah, it's funny how that works out."

"I live my life a quarter mile at a time. Nothing else matters: not the mortgage, not the store, not my team and all their bullshit. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."

"I used to drag here back in high school. That railroad crossing up there is exactly a quarter-mile away from here. On green, I'm going for it."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: