Sunday, December 16, 2012

Film: Frailty (2001)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9


Review: This isn't a jump-scare horror, but the more effective kind that makes the viewer wonder how they would deal with a horrible situation. This is Bill Paxton's first film as a director and he also plays the father who claims he has seen a vision from God and tells his two young sons that they were given a mission to destroy demons living among them. The film is told from the perspective of the older skeptical son trying to cope with his dad's religious fervor.

Quotes:
"What is that, Dad?"
"That's a demon, son."

"You didn't think anyone knew about that, did you? But God saw you! And you can't escape God's wrath!"

"Don't cry for her son, she wasn't human."

"He was my father. I loved him even if he had gone crazy."

"Ain't that Travis kid the boy whose been givin' you trouble at school?"
"Yep. He's a demon."
"You can't make things like that up, son. Killing people is wrong, destroying demons is good. Don't worry, God will send you your own list when you're older."

"I hated Dad's God, and I would have run away if it weren't for my brother. I just couldn't leave him there."

"Come in and close the door. Are you afraid?"
"Of what?"
"You."
"Only demons should fear me. You're not a demon are you? The angle said you were. I can't believe that. I won't. You're my son, and I love you more than my own life. You know what's funny about all this Fenton? I'm afraid of you."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: