Thursday, November 22, 2012

Film: Unstoppable (2010)

Blu-Ray


Review: Tony Scott is the perfect director for this type of movie. It is a simple thriller about a runaway freight train that takes advantage of his skills in filming propulsive action as it ramps up the tension all the way to the end. The film cuts back and forth between the railway control center struggling to deal with the issue and two employees on another freight train heading toward it on the mainline.

Quotes:
"How the hell did this happen?"
"It just got away from me."
"It got away from you? It's a train, Dewey, not a chipmunk!"

"So, red means..."
"777 blew through a signal. Everything in red means trouble on the mainline."
"That's a lot of red!"

"I only got one rule. One rule only: you're gonna do something, you do it right. You don't know how to do it, you ask me, all right? Likewise, if you need anything from me, you'd better speak up. 'Cause, uh, you're the conductor. Once we get our freight, it's your train. I'm just the guy driving it."

"Tell Galvin we got two guys out on the mainline about to play chicken with our train."

"Married?"
"Yeah. Well, sort of. It's a long story."
"We got a long day."
"How about you, you married?"
"Short story. Once."

"There's a good chance the derailer won't work."
"It's called a derailer, for Christ's sake! That's what they do!"
"A train that size going that fast, it will vaporize anything that gets in its way."

"Maybe you didn't hear what I just said, Colson. I will fire you!"
"Well, that's too bad. I was just starting to like this job."

"Hey, don't get sentimental on me. Makes me think I'm gonna die."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: