Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Film: The Legend of Billie Jean (1985)

DVD: Anamorphic


Review: A very 80's movie that I wouldn't think is very good except for my crush on Helen Slater. She plays Billie Jean who goes on the run with her brother after he accidentally shoots the father of the bully who trashed his scooter. The film's plot gets confused and illogical as it tries to compare her to Joan of Arc as the media exploits her image and she becomes famous.

Quotes:
"Hey, get your hand off that!"
"What, your sister? Or your fagmobile?"

"Billie Jean, you're a very pretty girl. This Hubie was probably trying to get your attention. I have a feeling he'll bring your brother's motor scooter back."
"Hubie, won't bring it back."
"How do you know?"
"Because he's a fucker. That's how I know."
"Well, I'll tell you what I'll do. Here's my card. If that Honda's not back on your front lawn in two days, you give me a call..."
"We live in Breeze Haven..."
"All right, in front of your trailer, then... give me a call, we'll... drag in the fucker."

"Is that a boy or a girl?"
"Girl, Joan of Arc. She dressed up as a man and led the French in fighting the English. She heard voices, 'stop being a peasant', 'France needs you', 'the truth needs you'. And she won, she beat the English, but then..."
"Then what?"
"The French, burnt her, alive!"

"Can I have your autograph? Please..."
"You know, my dad says you're gonna end up dead."

"They all say they're Billie Jean."
"Call their parents, send them home."

2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: