Sunday, November 30, 2008

TV: Sanford and Son - 3rd Season

DVD: 3 Discs
Sanford and Son - The Third Season

"You know something, Pop. Watching all that television is bad for your eyes. You know what you should do, you should take a nice, long leisurely walk out in the night air. It would be good for you."
"Yeah, out in that healthy smog and with those friendly muggers."

Review: Another great season of Sanford and Son. Superflyer is hilarious. Too bad Redd Foxx is missing from the last six episodes due to a contract dispute.

"Oh! This is the big one! This is the big one, my son is choking a white woman. Here that, Elizabeth. I coming to join ya, honey... with a fat friend."

"Rollo and I need you to do us a little favor."
"Look. Number one, I don't do no favors after six o'clock in the evening. Two, I ain't got no money. Three, I ain't harboring any fugitives from justice. And four... Bye."

"Ain't it funny how even the worst of heathens tries to get righteous when they feel the Lord is about to tap them on the shoulder."
"Listen, Ester. If I wasn't so sick, I give you one of these across your ugly lips."
"Who are you calling ugly, Sucker?
"I'm calling you ugly. I could stick your face in some dough and make some gorilla cookies."

"Don't leave me! Don't leave me, son! That's what they do with old Eskimos. They put them out on a big block of ice and let them float out to sea until they freeze to death."
"You're gonna wish you had a block of ice where you're going."

"Julio's been bringing in a lot of tires lately and I've been bringing in a lot of used automobile parts. And we're going to combine our resources and specialize in selling used auto parts. It'll be like a sideline business."
"This is your business, Sanford and Son. This is both our business"
"Pop, We'll still have this business."
"Listen, but I built this empire for YOU. I even named it after you. AND Son."

"A Crucifix, a St. Christopher's Medal, a Star of David, a Crescent of Islam and a Budda?"
"And a Mojo."
"What do you need all these things for?"
"It's flight insurance. See, down here on the ground, I'm a Baptist. But up there, I ain't taking no chances."

"What?! Ol' Gorilla Face is going to be at my wedding? Is she going to bring Woody the Wino?"
"I believe so."
"That does it. Now I am going to have to hide my ripple, my gin, my scotch, my bourbon, my rye. I got to hide my bug spray, my Drano... I hope she don't tell anybody else."

"You're a dirty old man, you know that?"
"And I'm going to be one until I'm a dead old man."

"Pop, you're not really going to have that party here, are you? I mean, I know you're not going to have it here."
"Oh no? You just watch me. This is just the beginning. See, I intend to party lightly, slightly, politely, and if possible, all-nightly."

"What do you got on?"
"It's a Super Fly Suit, what'd it look like?"
"Where did you get that thing from anyway?"
"This ain't no thing. And I got it down the street at a 'Going Back to Jail' sale. It only cost me six bucks and the guy who sold it to me got six months."

"Is it possible for somebody to have, say, three or four heart attacks a day."
"No, I sure doubt it. After the second, they would probably be dead. One big one and it's all over."
"Then it's not likely for somebody to average 26 big ones a week, huh?"
"No, that's unbelievable."
"I thought so too."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: