Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Film: Charlotte's Web (2006)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9


Review: I loved this book as a kid, reading it so many times that I practically knew it by heart. Normally that is a bad sign for the movie, but what is amazing about this live action adaption is how well it captures the story. I don't know what came over me, but it touched me so much that I found myself crying throughout the movie, even during the happy parts.

When I first heard about this movie, I was afraid they might have Dakota Fanning overwhelm the main focus between Wilbur and Charlotte, but she played the perfect supporting role.

Quotes:
"What are you doing?"
"Nothing, now go back to bed."
"You're not going to kill it, are you?"
"It's a runt."

"So you eat flies?"
"No... no, no. I drink their blood."

"Look at her! Don't you think she's a little... uh... what's the word? EW!"
"I think she's beautiful."

"I mean it was clear as day. T-E-R-R-I-F-I-C. I mean, can you believe a spider wrote that? I didn't learn how to spell that word until I was in the 10th grade!"

"Templeton, haven't you ever heard that good things come to those who wait?"
"No. Good things come to those who find it and shove it in their mouth!"

"No, my webs were no miracle, Wilbur. I was only describing what I saw. The miracle is you."

"Goodbye... my sweet, sweet Wilbur."
"Goodbye, Charlotte. I love you."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: