Sunday, August 19, 2012

Film: Get Smart (2008)

DVD: Enhanced 16x9


Review: A light fun movie that plays to Steve Carell's comedic strengths and Anne Hathaway brings the competence and sex appeal of Agent 99. I always enjoyed the 60's show and this movie did a good job bringing it to the silver screen. There is a strong supporting cast so there is never a dull moment.

Quotes:
"Max has no experience, and I don't want him as my partner."
"Well, that is a sucker punch to the gonads."

"If you don't follow the rules here, then what are we?"
"I'm telling you what we're not, we're not people who jam staples into other people's heads, that's CIA crap!"

"Inside there's a pill, if captured it will cause death in nine seconds."
"Great, but how exactly do I get them to take it? ... Not much of a laugher, are you?"

"Am I wearing boxers? For future reference, I usually prefer briefs for their security and peace of mind. Going free-bird is not exactly ideal. I don't like it."

"Are you staring at my butt?"
"No, no, I... I was, but I'm not... I'm staring again."

"Did you see anything while I was dancing?"
"Just once, but I don't think you expected him to lift you so high."

"How do I know you're not Control?"
"If I were Control, you'd already be dead."
"If you were Control, you'd already be dead."
"Neither of us is dead, so I am obviously not from Control."
"That actually makes sense."

"Well, you did your job, so I suppose I can't kill your wife. Although be honest, I'd be doing the sighted world a favor."

"Are you thinking what I'm thinking?"
"I don't know. If you're thinking, 'Holy shit! Holy shit! A swordfish almost went through my head!' If so, then yes."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: