Friday, March 14, 2008

Film: Tomboy (1985)

DVD: Anamorphic
Tomboy

"My car's got a lot of balls. Do you think you can handle it, little girl?"

Review: This film is like one long R Rated Mentos commercial. Hilariously Cheesy! The dance audition sequence is so, so, so bad that it is very funny. The sexy Betsy Russell plays a mechanic who builds her own race car and races it against her chauvinistic pro-racer boyfriend to prove her abilities. The race cars and the track at the end of the film really expose the low budget.

"I like what I see. How about you?"
"I like the jet-propulsion afterburners with overhead air-scoop."
"So you're into that aerospace crap?"
"It works."
"Bullshit! What matters... is the handling."

"What are you laughing at? I made you eat my dust all the way."
"You should be careful, Tomboy. You get all that grease washed off, you might discover you're a girl after all."

3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: