Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Film: Tootsie (1982)

DVD: Anamorphic
Tootsie - 25th Anniversary Edition

"I'd like to make her look a little more attractive, how far can you pull back?"
"How do you feel about Cleveland?"

Review: A great cross-dressing movie of an out-of-work actor who tries out for a role as a women on a soap opera so he can raise money for a play. It nicely balances comedy and drama as he falls in love with his female co-star who befriends his alter-ego, but he can't act on it under his secret guise.

"I don't like when somebody comes up to me the next day and says, 'Hey man, I saw your play. It touched me; I cried.' I like it when a guy comes up to me a week later and says, 'Hey man, I saw your play... what happened?'"

"I don't believe in hell. I believe in UNEMPLOYMENT, but not hell."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: