Wednesday, August 08, 2007

TV: NewsRadio - 3rd Season

DVD: 3 Discs
Newsradio - The Complete Third Season

"Your confusing thesis has captured my attention. Tell me more."

Review: Another great season of NewsRadio that starts off with Dave and Lisa back together again. "Arcade" and "Airport" are two of the best episodes this season.

"Read it again!"
"Well... --Bill McNeal is adequate-- I'm sorry, Bill."
"Sorry! Sorry YOU weren't single out and deemed adequate?"
"I don't think adequate is quite the superlative you think it is."

"You know what, I won the costume contest last year. I won third place."
"Really! What was your costume?"
"Uh, Motorcycle Enthusiast."
"GAY Bikerrr!"
"The LABEL on the costume CLEARLY said Motorcycle Enthusiast."

"I have itchy red welts on my buttocks and I have every reason to believe that they are ant bites."
"Are you coming on to me?"

"I'm sorry, Dave. I'm just nervous, it's awkward, you know, meeting your boyfriend's parents. What if I panic and just start... screaming obscenities or something?"
"Well then I'll explain that my girlfriend, Lisa, couldn't make it and you're some whore I picked up at the airport."

"Hey, what part of Africa are you from?"
"Shut up!"
"No seriously, say something in African."
"Shut the @$%&# up!"

"All right, I take the complaint box very seriously and I seem to be the only one who does."
"A complaint about the complaint box. Delicious!"

"You know, Bill, there's really nothing they can do about the fact that we are snowed in. So why don't we just sit down and wait patiently."
"Sorry my friend, I don't play that game."

"I just wish you could be here long enough to get the full Mid-Western experience."
"Maybe another time."
"That would be great, because I think a good hunting accident would really open up your mind."

"All I am saying is... inter-office dating just isn't a good idea."
"Oh, well look who's talking, at least we don't make whoopee in the booth like you and Dave."
"Dave and I do not make whoopee IN THE BOOTH."
"Ho, ho, hold on a second. What's the booth? How do... what are you talking about....... Oh, THAT booth! I thought it was a new thing."

"Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust."

"Back in the early days of radio, all they had were jungle drums, beating their rhythmic messages of traffic and weather from village to village. BUT did they complain?"

"I seriously doubt that, Sir, but this is America and I would die for your right to make outrageous claims."

"Are you sure you don't want me to handle this? Because, you know, when Bill and Lisa combine their energies their powers of persuasion go up five-fold?"
"Oh Dave, really, I appreciate your Dungeons & Dragons approach to office management, but I left my 12-sided dice at home so I'll just go tell them."
"All right. Godspeed, fair wizard."

"I'm... Well, I'm hurt... deep down inside.. where I'm soft like a woman."
"I understand and I'm sorry that I hurt you... deep down inside..."
"Where?"
"...where you are soft like a woman."
"Don't mock me, Dave. Don't be a hurter."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: