Monday, January 03, 2011

Film: This Is It (2009)

DVD: Anamorphic
Michael Jackson: This Is It
"Let it simmer."

Review: I am so glad I went and saw this. I had been skeptical about seeing it, but when Michael Jackson is on a stage, he is still mesmerizing. Even at 50, he had the moves and the voice. Watching the rehearsal footage really shows a master perfecting his craft and I found myself smiling throughout the entire film. I only wish Dirty Diana had been one of the songs included in the film.

"Just a little drag, a little bit more behind the beat."
"Yeah. It's not the right sound."
"Like you're dragging yourself out of bed."

"We're sizzling. He's waiting for my point, it's coming."
"Michael, I was telling them to start when you turn towards the audience."
"Oh no, I wanna turn first, face the audience with nothing, nothing."
"Okay, Okay."
"And then when he gets my cue, then we go."
"The only thing is... how will you see the video change from the marquee to the city?"
"I gotta feel that. I'll feel it... the screen behind me."

5 out of 5 Stars

No comments: