Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Film: Late for Dinner (1991)

DVD: Anamorphic?
Late for Dinner

"What the hell are you doing? That's three-ply vinyl! Phyllis, get Dwayne in here. This lunatic is marring my furniture."
"Oh yeah, watch this."
"Dwayne! He's on my shag! He's on my... I got that in Vegas!"

Review: I am sad to say that this movie is not as good as I remembered it, not bad but not great. Two brothers escaping from a unscrupulous land dealer in 1962 are frozen and woken back up in 1991 where they try to reunite with their family. Peter Berg is good as the slow brother with kidney problems tricked into the cryogenic chamber. His emotional performance saves the movie from mediocrity.

"Frank, I'm peeing green here. What did that man do to us? Makes me fearful about doing the big job."

"Are you mad at me?"
"Frank?!"
"You always have to love a brother, no matter what, right?"
"C'mere, Frank."

3 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: