Tuesday, August 20, 2013

TV: Undeclared - The Complete Series (2001)

DVD: 4 Discs


Review: After the failure of Freaks and Geeks, this one-season show was the second TV series for Judd Apatow. Centering around the life of a college freshman and his dorm-mates, I liked this comedy much better than his first.

Quotes:
"Um, excuse me. We're like having a party tonight. Do you like want to come?"
"Oh, I'm a senior."
"Oh, that's cool."
"No sweetie, that means I'm not coming to your party."
"Wow! That sucked."

"From now on, we have total freedom. And now is the time in our lives when we are supposed to be experiencing everything."
"Exactly. Exactly. Like I can stay up to 11 now."
"And I can pierce anything I want."
"Yeah and, um, I can watch as much TV as I want to, you know, and eat candy all day."
"You know what we should do?"
"What?"
"We should have sex."
"Oh yeah?"
"Yeah. For fun."
"Yeah, for fun. Right. Okay."
"Do you have a condom?"
"I have eight condoms."

"There's a scrunchie on the door."
"And I'm not in there... Wow!"

"I like the girl."
"Steven, women are crazy. You don't want to enter into a situation that makes them even crazier. Now, pardon me, but look at your mother. She seemed completely sane at the beginning. Now the girl you like, she's already starting at halfway nuts."
"Thanks Dad."
"We're ya going? Where ya... Okay, ignore the voice of experience."

"Aren't there any men on this campus?"
"What about Lloyd?"
"No, I don't like guys like that."
"Super hot English guys?"
"Pretty boys. They are so boring. I want to meet someone with personality. Depth."
"Oh, you mean an ugly guy?"
"Shut up, you're so shallow."
"What?! I had sex with Steven."
"Yeah, that's true."

"How did you get so smart?"
"Uh, I uh, I read, I read like 8 or 9 books a week."
"Wow!"
"I also do a lot of speed. All the time."

"What do you think?"
"Is that as big as your, uh, your boobs get?"
"Oh! I have a shirt for that!"

"The guys who make this magazine are geniuses. It's like they made it just for me, you know? Hey Ron, what do you want to read about this week? Another article about Alyssa Milano's jugs? Perfect! That's what we'll make. You know, right there."

"She's going to call my mother! My parents are crazy! They're psychiatrists and they will put me on anti-depressants. I'll lose my highs and my lows and I'll have to live in the middle."

"He's afraid of commitment, that's cool."
"How about this? I'm exploring my options."
"Lizzie... Your right hand... Those are your options."

"What were some things that mom always wanted you to do but you never did?"
"I don't know... learn to read minds!"

"Theo, I am sorry I blew you off tonight."
"That's okay. I had a really awesome time tonight. I danced with a really hot girl and I almost touched her butt twice and she didn't even get mad."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: