Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Film: Kick-Ass (2010)

Blu-Ray


Review: There have been a few films in the past about normal guys attempting to be superheros, but none of them have been great until this one. The secret ingredient for this film is obviously Hit Girl, the foul-mouthed 11-year-old trained to a killing machine by her ex-cop father. This is almost two films in one, Kick-Ass' weak attempts to be a vigilante hero and Big Daddy/Hit Girl's more effective vendetta against the crime boss who framed the father. They blend together perfectly and Christopher Mintz-Plasse steals his scenes as Red Mist.

Quotes:
"Okay you cunts... Let's see what you can do now!"

"I'll be honest, there wasn't a whole lot of crime-fighting in those first few weeks. But even so, my new vocation kept me plenty busy. I called it preparation. But if you called it fantasizing, it would've been hard to argue. All I knew was, I never felt so good about myself."

"The fuck is wrong with you, man? You'd rather die for some piece of shit that you don't even fucking know?"
"The three assholes, laying into one guy while everybody else watches? And you wanna know what's wrong with me? Yeah, I'd rather die... so bring it on!"

"How do I get a hold of you?"
"You just contact the mayor's office. He has a special signal he shines in the sky; it's in the shape of a giant cock."

"Dave? What the fuck are you doing? Why are you dressed as Kick-Ass?"
"Because I am Kick-Ass!"
"What are you talking about?"
"I'm also not gay!"
"Fuck!"

"Good job. I'm so proud of you, baby doll. Are you okay?"
"Mhmm... but getting shot, Daddy... it hurt a lot more than when you did it."
"That's because I used low velocity rounds, child..."
"You're the kindest Daddy in the whole world."

"Whoa! It's only me boss. Everything's under control."
"Under control? You're grabbing a fucking bazooka, you dumb ass!"

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: