Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Film: Toy Soldiers (1991)

DVD: Full Screen - 1:33
Toy Soldiers

Review: After a Columbian drug lord is extradiated to the US, his son takes an American Prep School hostage in order to free his father. It is a fun tightly-paced film with Sean Astin as the school troublemaker who leads the other students against the terrorists. Louis Gossett, Jr. is excellent as the Dean, walking the fine line between authoritative and sympathetic. I wish they would release this movie in the original widescreen.

Quotes:
"Lights out, boys!"
"Eat shit, Mr. Peterson!!!!"

"I'm not going to expel you. Three schools have done that and it's obviously done nothing for your character... Are you listening to me?!"
"Yes, sir."
"I'm going to do much worse. I am going to keep you here until you graduate. It'll probably take years at this rate."
"I might wear you out before then."
"Don't you worry about wearing me out. I'm going to wear you out."

"Is he a friend of yours?"
"Yes, he is."
"Well, tell your friend he's lucky I didn't shoot him. What's your name?"
"William Tepper."
"What does your father do, William?"
"He's a contractor."
"According to this, he owns the third largest construction company in the world."
"Yeah, he's a contractor."
"You're not afraid of me. Hmm?"
"Yes, I'm afraid."
"Good. Don't fuck with me."

"We have a shot at a successful assault here. We know the location of every terrorist. The kid can get the other students out of the line of fire."
"What kid? This kid has been kicked out of two schools."
"No, three schools."
"Three schools. Come on. All this is unreliable."
"That's not really true. I may not rely on Billy to get to class on time, but I would rely on this."
"Why?"
"Because he's got guts. He's a leader. You can see that he's thought this thing through. Now, if Billy says he can do it, I gotta believe he can."

4 out of 5 Stars

No comments: