Sunday, May 31, 2009

TV: Saturday Night Live - The Best of Eddie Murphy

DVD: 1 Disc
Saturday Night Live - The Best of Eddie Murphy (Bonus Edition)

"Should I get in the hot tub? / Will it make me sweat? / Should I get in the hot tub? / Will it make me wet? / Well, Well, Well... Hot tub! / Here I go! / I'm gonna get in the water! / Gonna make me sweat! / I'm going in the hot tub! / HEEEEEEY!!!!! / Too hot in the hot tub! / Burn myself! / Make it cooler, good God! / I'm going to get in the hot tub. / I'm gonna get in the hot tub."

Review: This is a good collection of Saturday Night Live skits with Eddie Murphy. I forgot how much of his humor comes from his singing ability which he uses to great effect in several funny skits.

"Will you be mine? / Won't you be mine? / Won't you be my neighbor? / Hello, boys and girls. We're all alone today. You know why? My wife walked out on me. Isn't that nice? I'm so glad the bitch is gone. I can't..."
[RING, RING, RING]
"Who can that be? Let's see. This is how you answer the door in my neighborhood... WHO IS IT?!!!!"

"Hi, I'm Buh-Weet. Member me? I have complied for you and your nistening pleasure some of my pavorite songs. It's all here in this unpectacular offer, 'Buh-Weet Sings'. Take a wisten... Unce, Tice, Fee Tines a Mady."
"Yes, there all here."
"Wookin' Pa Nub in All Da Wong Places. / Wookin' Pa Nub."
"Once Buckwheat sings a song, it's eternally his."
"It Dat Deada Dabba, Dan on a Dina an Die / Made a Day fa Eyieee."

"Hello my name is Professor Shabazz K Martin. In 1895, at the Tuskegee Institute in Alabama, a BLACK MAN named George Washington Carver developed a new method of soul... SOIL improvement through crop rotation."
"Soul? Hee! Hee!"
"So I messed up. SHUT UP!!! STOP CLAPPING before you make me smile!"

"Look, look, Raheem. I'm not Opie Taylor and I'm not Richie Cunningham. I'm Ron Howard. I'm a grown man. Did you know I'm directing now? Did you see the movie I have out, Night Shift?"
"Was there any black people in it?"
"No."
"I didn't see it then. What was it about?"
"Oh well, it was a story about these two pimps..."
"It was a story about two pimps and wasn't no brothers in it. I don't know whether to say, Thank You, or punch you in your mouth, man."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: