Monday, July 18, 2011

Film: Zombieland (2009)

DVD: Anamorphic


Review: Hilarious zombie road trip movie! I love Woody Harrelson in these type of roles. The slow motion opening credit sequence backed by Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" set up the movie perfectly. The survival rules concept popping up throughout the movie was a nice touch.

Quotes:
"Why am I alive when everyone around me has turned to meat? It's because of my list of rules. Rule number one for surviving Zombieland: Cardio. When the virus struck, for obvious reasons, the first ones to go were the fatties. Poor fat bastard."

"So, Tallahassee, you wanna stick together. Least for a while?"
"Here's the deal, Columbus. Ah, I'm not easy to get along with and I'm sensing you're a bit of a bitch so, ah, I give this relationship to about Texarkana."
"Really?! Yeah! You'll take me as far as Texarkana?"
"You're a peppy little spit-fuck, aren't you?"

"I haven't cried like that since Titanic."

"Oh, it's a '97"
"Yeah. Was that a good year?"
"Oh my God! It was a great year! Are you kidding me? I saw my first R-rated movie that year. Yeah, Anaconda."
"Ah, Anaconda."
"First tattoo, porpoise."
"Really?"
"Fake. First kiss... Scotty Lynch."
"You guys... used tongue?"
"Maybe. You jealous of Scotty Lynch?
"Yes, I am. Actually, I think I'm jealous of your whole 1997."

"My mamma always told me someday I'd be good at something. Who'd have guessed the something would be zombie killing?"
"Probably nobody."

4 1/2 out of 5 Stars

No comments: